History

The TRIDELTA Group with its locations in Dortmund and Hermsdorf has its roots in three areas of competence


Technical Ceramics



Magnetism



Sintering Technology


In 1997 Thyssen Magnettechnik GmbH, today Tridelta Magnetsysteme GmbH and Tridelta Siperm GmbH were acquired in Dortmund. This expanded the range of magnetic products. The companies can look back on more than 90 years of production history and are today among the most experienced specialists for magnetic materials, components and magnet systems as well as sintered materials.

Tridelta Magnetsysteme GmbH provides its customers with solutions for their special magnetic application problems in the form of a wide range of magnetic systems based on its broad knowledge of “magnetism”.

Customers benefit from the diverse synergies and innovative strength of the Group. Experienced engineers and application technicians provide individual advice and develop technically and economically optimal solutions together with the customer.


1920

The “Dortmunder Union” metallurgical plant begins with the production of permanent magnets
AlNiCo magnets.

1927

Foundation of Deutsche Edelstahl Aktiengesellschaft DEW. Magnetic construction of the Dortmund Union becomes part of this society

1940

Construction of a new production and office building in Dortmund Aplerbeck

1948

Manufacture of permanent magnet systems and devices

1952

Production of ferrite magnets

1953

Production of highly porous sintered materials

1975

DEW acquires TEW in “Thyssen Edelstahlwerke” (Thyssen Stainless Steel Works)

1978

Fertigung von Samarium-Kobalt-Magneten

1985

Production of sintered neodymium magnets

1992

Merger of the stainless steel and steel divisions and transition of the magnet division to Elektroblechgesellschaft Bochum (EBG). Change of name to Thyssen Magnettechnik GmbH

1994

Production of hot-pressed neodymium magnets (Neolit)

1997

Transition of the magnetic range to Thyssen Stahlunion. Sale of the magnet area to Tridelta GmbH     

1999

Opening of the Magnetic Museum

2007

Development of the wear-free eddy current brake with mechanical tension control

2008

Representation in Poland expands business relations to Eastern Europe

2012

Development of a seawater-compatible hysteresis brake
Development of the non-ferrous metal separator (strong field rotor)

2013

Reopening of the Magnetic Museum

Any questions? We'll call you back!